Ad

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Diva Dish: Derby Brunch Hatwalk

What I wore: Sequin floral print sheath dress - thrifted- Fashion Style Studio, Fuchsia Hat with floral fascinator designed and made by me


Hey Diva,
It was exactly a week ago today that I had the great honor of attending the Derby Brunch Hatwalk presented by T.R.I.P. (Travel. Rebuild. Inspire. Progress.) The Derby Brunch Hatwalk, held this year at the beautiful Villa Christina in Atlanta, GA, is a fundraising event that celebrates sisterly fellowship and brings Black women together from all walks of life to enjoy an afternoon of fashion and flair in the name of community service.


This Kentucky Derby-inspired event draws ladies from around the Atlanta metro area, as well as out-of town guests. Last year, radio personality and author Shirley Strawberry of the Steve Harvey Morning Show served as Celebrity Host. This year, it was yours truly! I had the opportunity to speak  about my platform as Ms. Georgia Plus America and I was the judge for the "Hat Walk-Off " competition.







The Derby Brunch Hatwalk raises funds for a not-for-profit organization called T.R.I.P. USA, which helps to rebuild and revitalize communities of color across the country. To learn more about T.R.I.P., please visit www.TRIPusa.org. Click here to see more photo's from this phenomenal event!


Until next time,

Smooches,
The Spoiled Diva

 






No comments:

Post a Comment